Need assistance? Call Us
WHO's Annual World Hand Hygiene Day
World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) annual World Hand Hygiene Day to help raise awareness of how hand hygiene prevents infections and safeguards public health is on Tuesday, May 5th. This year’s theme is “Hand hygiene is your entrance door” to reinforce how clean hands are the most important way to fight the spread of illnesses.
WHO's "My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene"
The My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene approach defines the key moments when health-care workers should perform hand hygiene.
This evidence-based, field-tested, user-centered approach is designed to be easy to learn, logical and applicable in a wide range of settings.
This approach recommends health-care workers to clean their hands:
1. Before touching a patient.
2. Before clean/aseptic procedures.
3. After Body fluid exposure/risk.
4. After touching a patient.
5. After touching patient surroundings.
- To get the WHO's "Your 5 Moments for hand Hygiene" poster to remind health-care workers of key moments to perform hand hygiene, click here.
- To find out more about World Health Organization, click here.
- To find more tools for hand hygiene training and education from WHO, click here.